Sunday, February 1st, 2009...5:14 am

Create Earth Layers Model

Jump to Comments

The Earth might seem like one hard ball of rock, but it is made up of different layers. Here’s a look at the layers that make up our solid Earth.

This extra credit opportunity allows students to have the opportunity to recreate Earths layers using your creative juices.  Some of use are architects, some of us are artists, some of us are future movie makers.

Requirements

• To download the project guidelines, click here.
  • In addition to creating a model, you must also fill out a research chart.  Please don’t forget to download.  You can either complete fill it in using Word or Powerpoint or print it out

Project Help

14 Comments

• Mrs. DeBoses… I just want to say that you get the BEST pictures and animations for your blog! Love visiting!

•   adventuresinscience
    February 3rd, 2009 at 8:23 pm    Reply

Hi Patti,

Thank you so much..I learn by pictures so I like sites with great pics and animations..hope they are helpful

• Hi Ms. DuBose:

I had a great time doing this project. It was fun and “tasty”. I spend quality time with my Dad in doing this project.

I cannot wait to do some more projects.

Jacob C.

•   adventuresinscience
    February 11th, 2009 at 9:27 pm    Reply

Hey Jake

I am glad you and your dad enjoyed this project. Don’t forget your research chart..See you tomorrow

• I like that we can do extra credit to bump up our grade a little. It gives us kids the oppertunity we have to do work that we can’t do normally! And, It gives more of a challenge to us that are higher up on stuff than others. Also, It is cool that we have a multiple choice group of stuff that we can do!

•   Marcella
    April 22nd, 2011 at 12:05 pm    Reply

Hi,

How do apply the scientific method to a model project such as this one.
    Thanks,
    Marcella